ENGLISH FOR KIDS
DK Children’s Illustrated Dictionary
This is a child’s perfect dictionary. Thousands of fascinating entries, definitions, photographs and pictures make this dictionary an essential reference for readers, writers and curious minds of all ages. Organised like a traditional dictionary from A to Z, clear descriptions and examples explain and illustrate everything from Astronaut to Zoo. It is perfect for building your child’s understanding of language and improving their spelling and grammar. Packed with special full-page features on major subjects and developed in close consultation with experts in children’s language teaching, this is the ultimate reference tool for your child.
2. Macmillan Children’s Dictionary by Carolyn Barraclough
The Macmillan Children’s Dictionary is a beautifully-illustrated photographic picture dictionary for use alongside any children’s course.
– Over 800 words and photographs
– Clear, vibrant photographs which make learning vocabulary easy and exciting
– Graded reading and writing activities to practise key vocabulary and allow ultimate flexibility for any age or level
– Oral activities to practise vital communication skills
– A full wordlist, giving students easy access to all items included
– Both British and American vocabulary and spelling for use in any classroom with any syllabus
3. Picture grammar for children
starter + books from 1 to 4
A five-level series of children’s grammar books with bright and lively grammar practice to be used alongside any primary course. KEY FEATURES * The grammar is presented in topics which are carefully selected to reflect children’s interests * The pages which follow the main presentation give a wide variety of exercises in wh ich children practise the vocabulary in context * Children can work through the units systematically or in any chosen order, with consolidation and further practice given in review units throughout the course * The separate Answer Key booklet also includes photocopiable tests