LEARNING A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
A CD-ROM is here :
Stella Maidment, Lorena Roberts
Happy Street 1 New Edition
A first English course for children who are ready for reading and writing.
Key features.Happy Street can be used after an oral/aural course such as Happy House, or as a first English course which includes reading and writing from the beginning.
* The characters from Happy House, Polly and Jack, take young learners outside the context of the house and help them to explore the neighbourhood.
* The lively songs and chants have a contemporary feel which add to pupils’ enjoyment of the course.
* It introduces children to different types of reading text. Speech bubble stories give children the opportunity of acting out the text; ‘Colin in Computerland’ provides revision and language presentation through an exciting adventure story; and the ‘Extended reading’ sections include topic-based information, rhymes, and jokes.
* Writing skills are systematically built up. Level 1 focuses on writing at a word and sentence level, so that by Level 2 children can express themselves in mini- paragraphs.
* Pair work activities and games provide lots of regular speaking practice.