THE LITTLE BIG BOOK OF…
The Little Big Book of Roses
A must have for any rose lover, this gorgeous chunky little book is simply jam packed with everything you ever wanted to know about your favorite blossoms. Practical information about growing, planting, and caring for different species is interspersed with the celebrated voices of poets, literary greats, and lyricists. Full of entertaining and fascinating information about roses, it includes myths, legends, fun facts, recipes, crafts, and ideas the world’s greatest gardens.
Illustrated throughout with beautiful and delicate turn-of-the century art, The Little Big Book of Roses is the perfect compendium of rose facts, tips, literature, and lore, making it the perfect addition to any gardening library.
The Little Big Book of Christmas
Long out of print, the definitive Christmas anthology is back…deeply revised with new images, recipes, jacket, and introduction. Lavishly illustrated throughout with nineteenth- and twentieth-century artwork, this book is everything you want Christmas to be — loving, warm and celebratory. Timeless and adorable, beautifully designed, The Little Big Book of Christmas is a great big stocky little book—stuffed with stories to read, carols to sing, biblical verse to share, recipes to make and bake, and Christmas history and lore to learn.
Inside you’ll find:
· Gospel stories, including those of St. Luke and St. Matthew.
· Poetry of William Shakespeare, John Milton, Robert Frost, Clement Clarke Moore, Ogden Nash, W. H. Auden, and Lewis Carroll.
· Stories from Louisa May Alcott, Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Dickens, O. Henry, Langston Hughes, Norman Vincent Peale, Lincoln Steffens, and Selma Lagerlof.
· Christmas lore from Dorothy Thompson, Norman Vincent Peale, and Francis P. Church.
· Carols galore including “O Little Town of Bethlehem,” “Silent Night,” “The First Noel,” “Joy to the World,” and “The Twelve Days of Christmas.”
· The best holiday recipes, including New England Eggnog, Classic Sugar Cookies, Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Sticks, A Brownie Christmas Tree, Swedish Gingerbread Cookies, Refrigerator Cookies, and Scandinavian Glogg.
The Little Big Book of Pregnancy
The Little Big Book of Pregnancy
A prequel to our best-selling Little Big Book for Moms! The 12th title in the Little Big Book series, The Little Big Book of Pregnancy is destined to become a classic literary companion for any expectant mom. Filled with the best fiction, poetry, and essays on the subject of birth and pregnancy, this heartwarming anthology is also peppered with fascinating customs and rituals from around the world, time-honored home remedies, delightful old wives’ tales, nutritious recipes, and wonderful crafts and activities. The turn of each page brings something interesting and entertaining to read, to do, or to learn. Illustrated throughout with the same period art and ephemera that has become the signature of this series, the imagery is both charming and elegant. A visual and editorial feast, The Little Big Book of Pregnancy is simply the perfect gift for any mom to-be.
The Little Big Book of Love
The Little Big Book of Love is the most adorable, chunky, ramance-packed valentine there is. Now back in print with an updated jacket design and additional content, this anthology of love and romance is so complete, timeless, and delightful, and is designed in the beautiful and playful format of the much-loved Little Big book series. This great big resource comes in a tiny package and is chock-full of the best of everything, including:
· Stories and excerpts from novels and plays by such favorite authors as Jane Austen, e. e. cummings, D. H. Lawrence, and William Shakespeare
· Love letters of famous historical couples such as Winston and Clementine Churchill, Napoleon and Josephine, And Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning
· Love poems by such renowned poets as Lord Byron, Robert Frost, William Butler Yeats, and Maya Angelou
· Recipes for aphrodisiac menus and treats to share with the one you love–including a Forgiveness Breakfast, Chocolate Truffles, and Luscious Lemon Hearts
· Lyrics to some of the greatest love songs of our time, from Cole Porter’s “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” to Johnny Mercer’s “Something’s Gotta Give”
Lavishly illustrated with more than 200 nineteenth- and early-twentieth-century illustrations, this charming book will remind you of the simplicity, integrity, and importance of love.
The Little Big Book for Moms, 10th Anniversary Edition
More than 440,000 families have treasured The Little Big Book for Moms since it was published in the spring of 2000! This beloved classic’s 10th anniversary edition features a fresh cover design, new vintage art, and a new introduction. Still the perfect book for every mom who doesn’t want her little ones to miss out on the classic tale of the Princess and the Pea but is also infused with the power of Maya Angelou’s Life Doesn’t Frighten Me; who laughs aloud over Ogden Nash and adores Charlotte’s Web. For the mom who wants to be reminded of the words to Rub-a-Dub-Dub, to play I’m a Little Teapot and Itsy, Bitsy, Spider, to learn how to make water music and who wants to make recipes that are especially yummy like Frozen Chocolate Bananas. In other words this is a book for moms who want to be great moms and who want to bring great things to their little ones.
And, when everyone has finally gone to sleep at night, there are essays just for mom by Anne Lamott, Susan Cheever, and Amy Herrick.